Google as always, on the spree of improving the search results, has thrown a new algorithm for the web masters and asked the poor quality websites to improve if they want to appear in the Google Search List. Google Panda, this new update which sounds cute has not been cute for many websites that were running the show by copied content and poor quality back links. So let us try to understand what the other effects of this update are and possibly how we can deal with them.
Here is the quote from the Google: “Google depends on the high quality content created by wonderful websites around the world, and we do have a responsibility to encourage a healthy web ecosystem. Therefore, it is important for high quality sites to be rewarded, and that’s exactly what this change does.”
Does this quote sounds daunting… Actually, it sounds rewarding if your website does contain quality content, good information for the end user and quality back links.
Here are the SEO practices that can surely help the websites to overcome the effects of Google Panda update:
1. Content is King: Many discussions have taken place rounding this point and there are people for and against this statement. But then, nobody has actually been able to defeat this King. Google has yet again asked the webmasters to place unique (non-copied), informative and easy to understand content for the end users. Cheap and low quality content can no longer be visible in the search list and these websites have again been pushed to get the authentic and first hand content published on their websites.
2. Customer first so make your websites easy to navigate: You may try to make your website appear different by using complex structure but the truth is that such sites are never able to generate business. Easy navigation is one of the very important elements of customer’s experience. Complex structure compels the reader to move to other webpages that are easy to view.
3. Reduce the number of Ads appearing as the pop ups or at the side of your website: People dislike sites that have too much advertisement to offer rather than the actual information. It seems that such websites are generating revenue from ads rather than from the actual customers. Many a times, such ads overshadow the content usefulness by reducing its visibility. Webmasters should make optimal usage of such an opportunity not overuse.
4. Uniformity is the key: All of us come across websites that have informative home pages but poor quality internal pages. At times, internal pages are only full of graphic or advertisements. It is advisable to maintain uniformity throughout the websites and no page shall be neglected. Each page is useful so make it informative, interesting and unique
5. Quality Back links: Most often, webmasters focus on generating backlinks irrespective of giving a thought whether that is coming from a quality website or not. This has to stop now, if web owners want to negate the effects of Google Panda. Google is strictly observing the backlinks of every website to understand its relevancy. No longer is Google ranking such sites that have sufficient amount of back links. Now for Google, quality is the key. If you have backlinks pointing to your websites placed on the poor quality sites then stop it right now. Your next link building campaign should be to get the backlinks from websites that are high in quality and are relevant to your site. If good backlinks increase in number then surely, your website will be in the Google’s good books or shall we write Google’s search list!!
6. Black is not the color especially for SEO techniques: We would like to specially emphasize on Black hat techniques, which have never been supported by Google. Such techniques may help you in gaining overnight success but think of the long term benefit, which is definitely more important. Please do not take help from SEO firms that are making use of Black hat SEO techniques.
We hope that the above information will help you deal with the effects of Google Panda updates easily and effectively. All the very best to SEO Experts!!