One of the most important aspects of website design is building a creative website that can adapt to the size of the visitor’s device. The purpose is to render the content differently based on the screen size or the device used by the visitor in order to ensure an optimal experience. Visitors may choose to access a website through a desktop, a tablet or a smartphone and the purpose of a responsive website design is to provide ease of use without any distortions so that the users do not need to resize everything.
Benefits of responsive web design
- More mobile traffic: There is a surge in smartphone users and with a responsive web design, the users will not have to encounter distorted images or resize every page. The design offers versatility across different mediums and has a lower cost of development.
- Low cost of maintenance: In order to maintain a separate mobile site, there is a need for additional support and testing. Whereas, the maintenance of a responsive design is minimal. It only requires standardized testing to develop an optimal layout for every screen.
- Faster Web page: Users have a very short attention span and they tend to abandon a webpage if it takes too long to load. If your website is not optimized for a smartphone, it will need more time to navigate and this could mean that the customers might walk away from your website. If you have a responsive web design, you will be able to provide quick performance and fast loading to the users.
- High conversion rate: Creating a satisfying user experience on all the devices will help in converting new customers. Users want a quick process of purchase, subscription, and checkout. They do not want to be directed to a different page. A website that looks professional across all platforms will lead to a higher conversion rate.
- Improved SEO: Responsive web design will help in achieving higher SEO rankings. Stronger backlinks and higher bounce rates usually lead to a higher search ranking and it will also avoid the issue of duplicate content which could hamper your rankings.
Brainwork India offers expert website development and mobile application development services that will help grow your business and achieve long-term financial milestones.