When technology has revolutionized almost every aspect of our lifestyle, business and industries have also benefitted in today’s day and age. Irrespective of the quality of their productions, the correct marketing strategy enables them to hit the market right. Otherwise, all the effort will be wasted if it does not reach the target audience and form a pack of customers loyal to the brand. Digital marketing plays its role here. Most enterprises today have focused on advertising, marketing, and analyzing their products’ scope in a technically advanced way. The comprehensive, detailed plan of laying out these strategies to launch the products and give them a viable exposure is defined as digital marketing. Considering the humungous competition in each sector of the industrial world, it is imperative to incorporate expert digital marketing strategies to enhance the sales, revenues, and overall growth of a business.
How digital marketing helps in business?
There are different ways in which digital marketing procedures can be beneficial to your business. Some of the best ways to implement it in the functioning of your brand are:
- Competition research: As Christian Ungureanu, the senior growth marketer at Zurich-based Quickmail, would say, “To stand out from your competitors, you need to study their digital marketing strategies and look for opportunities. In alliance with his line of thought, it can be considered that the companies keeping an eye on the digital marketing strategies of their competitors, for instance, whether they are emphasizing more on paid ads or SEO based promotional articles, etcetera, or they have an elaborate exposure on various social media platforms, may increase your chances of getting a thorough idea on how to devise your marketing plan.
- Originality: Every enterprise emulates its unique essence. The whole purpose of any company is to follow up with a core mission or value that it had begun with. Advertising and marketing strategies of each of these enterprises should be based on authentic ideation and execution procedures. Following any particular promotional way may work for a while, but the audience would always influence the audience. Hence, maintaining a creative identity and individuality should be of utmost importance for the business to thrive and flourish in this immensely competitive industrial world.
- Content analyzing: Regular analysis of what your company is producing and comparing other similar content that could be flooding the market is important. Keeping a tab on what people are responding to positively and which products have gone down in sales and revenues should help track your company’s future. Data analysis is an integral part of any company’s functionalities. Numbers and statistics never lie, and the company’s entire profit scope lies on these details. Not only for your authentic ideas but also any existing ones – for instance, if you have an innovative take on any of the other brand’s ideas, you can devise your marketing strategies uniquely for your new product to hit the sales.
- Digital marketing channels: The first option that comes to mind with this term is social media marketing. Statistics confirm that almost 74% of the marketers have shifted their marketing focus to availing social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etcetera as their lead advertising zones. However, other channels can be as helpful in promotion, such as NFT drops, augmented reality, and virtual reality. In this day and age of artificial intelligence, understanding customer psychology has become much easier via these platforms.
- Forming strategies in alliance with goals: The goals of any company include providing the correct solutions to any issues arising in any aspect of life. Be it an internet service provider or a razor company, their services and products are based on internet connectivity problems and a simple daily task like shaving. Hence, planning and executing their marketing and advertising strategies aligning with these goals will help form the necessary conception in a customer’s mind, thus leading them to choose the right product if there is confusion in the purpose of the product, no matter how carefully your construct your marketing plans, the product will not raise the anticipated sales.
- Innovation and Improvisation: These two words apply to the products and the marketing ideas your company might adopt. While there are certain established traditional methods of marketing that confirm a certain sales rate, improvising and innovation according to the trends and tastes of the audience should also be considered seriously. For instance, the visual identity formed with a certain attractive or soothing graphical representation and a captivating tonal quality can be extremely influential for most brands. Therefore, web designers and bloggers should exercise their expertise to flourish your sales.
To confirm the above points of discussion, let us look at the statistical analysis of the different modes of digital marketing strategies.
|Social media platform||User statistics
|· 2.6 billion monthly active users
· 8 million active advertisers on Facebook, including several small and medium business
· Above 100 million Facebook Watch users
· Over 280 million Facebook users in India, making it the largest Facebook audience in the world.
· 18% of marketers use Facebook Groups
· About 36% of Americans avail Facebook news.
· Recorded in April 2020 stats, 98% of Facebook users access the social network via mobile phones.
· 79% of video marketers use Facebook as a video marketing channel.
|· According to April 2020 stats, the US has recorded active users of 160 million people, making it the largest LinkedIn user country.
· Since January 2020, it has recorded the highest addressable ad reach of 88%, making it the largest country to attain such heights.
· According to a 2020 survey, 43% of LinkedIn’s audience is females, and 57% were males.
· LinkedIn InMail was proved to be the third most-used candidate outreach channel in 2019, right after email and phone or text methods.
· Over 87% of video marketers have agreed on the channel as an effective video marketing tool in 2019.
· 66% of these video marketers have also aimed at incorporating LinkedIn in their 2020 video marketing strategy.
· LinkedIn is the second most popular marketing platform used by B2B marketers after Facebook.
|· 35% of global Instagram audiences are between the age of 25 and 34, as recorded in April 2020.
· It is the social media channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers.
· Over two-thirds of a global Instagram audience is 34 years or older, as confirmed in April 2020.
· IGTV, a feature of Instagram for long-form video content around 15 to 16 minutes long, has proven to be an incredible marketing tool for most brands.
· 28% of video marketers plan to adopt Instagram TV in their 2020 video marketing strategy.
· According to a 2019 survey, 25% of teens in the US used Instagram as their major social media handle.
· By 2023, Instagram is expected to reach about 120.3 million active monthly users.
Video marketing statistics:
|Kinds of videos||Analytics
|Product video||· 64% of businesses said in the last 12 months, a video on Facebook resulted in a new client. 83% of video marketers feel videos have helped them generate leads.
· 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
· 95% of video marketers said they felt they’d increased understanding of their product or service using video.
|Marketing video||· 92% of video marketers feel the levels of noise and competition have increased in the last year.
· 99% of people who use video for marketing say they’ll continue using video in 2020.
· 88% of video marketers reported that video gives them a positive ROI.
· The most common types of videos made by marketers are presentations (65%), followed by ads (57%), and explainers (47%).
· 43% of video marketers say video has reduced the number of support calls they’ve received.
|Social Video||· In 2020, social engagement videos were among the top four most common types of video marketers are investing in today.
· Video is the second most-used content type on social media used to increase audience engagement.
· Live video is the third most-used social media marketing tactic.
· Regarding the most popular YouTube brand channels (ranked by the number of video views), toymaker LEGO was ranked first with 10.04 billion views in February 2020.
- How should companies measure their social media success?
Social media success is measured just like any other marketing procedures like traffic, leads, and customers. Numbers are important as the reach of your brand to the target audience is confirmed by that. Finally, leads help to recognize how many of them are becoming customers.
- How to grow subscriber lists in email marketing?
The most popular way to enhance the subscriber list in email marketing is to offer the audience an incentive for subscriptions to your email. The word can be put on different social media sites, your brand’s website, etcetera to further the reach.
- What are the steps for content marketing strategy adoption?
Developing a target audience and a customer persona aligning to that should be the primary step for content marketing, depending on that persona and the brand image device the marketing content and the company’s voice. Finally, the content needs to be informative and attractive at the same time.