If you worry about competitors’ sites showing up higher on SERPs to lose business, you are in the right place. SEO is the cost-effective way to grow organic traffic fast for small or big companies. Though Google ranks the more prominent companies on the first page, they also rank small businesses with the right keywords and optimized content with the correct title and meta tags. Since many small companies want to be on the first page of Google search, there is severe competition for it. It is essential to be updated on the changing algorithms to continue being on the first page of SERP rankings continuously.
So, check out how SEO can help small businesses grow organic traffic fast to develop your business beyond expectations.
What is SEO for small businesses?
SEO or search engine optimization helps customers find the site during their search on Google. It also improves the online presence by giving more exposure and increasing user traffic and qualified clients. You may have an attractive site, but it has become one of the millions of inactive sites without customers unable to find it. There are over 1.17 billion sites worldwide, of which only 17% are active. With Google indexing hundreds of billions of web pages, you need to have the best SEO practices for your small business to grow the organic traffic fast. Hence doing it is easier said than done and is the need of the hour for not only ecommerce sites and offline small businesses like repair shops, dentists, and others.
How to grow organic traffic using SEO for small businesses?
SEO undergoes constant change as per the changes in Google’s algorithms. But one thing that Google continues to give is the preference for big sites with rapport built over time. Hence, most of the small companies’ sites find a place only on the second page of the SERP. Therefore it would help if you excelled in loading speed, looking good on mobile, understanding searchers’ intentions, and others. If you make Google happy with the right SEO practices, it will make you happy. So, check out how to make Google happy to grow organic traffic to your site.
- Keywords are the first SEO technique as people searching on Google will use it for searching for information online. For small companies, it is better to use long-tail keywords with lesser traffic and competitiveness than the shorter keywords used by more prominent companies.
- Rather than publishing new high-quality content, it is better to first optimize the existing web pages for Google to recognize the content to receive more traffic.
- Avoid stuffing the keywords to make reading the content hard, as Google Webmaster states, to create web pages for users primarily rather than for search engines.
- When publishing new content, it is better to search and remove the old content that cannot get updated to become non-performing pieces that will affect the SEO strategies.
- Building links to the site, using influencer marketing, guest blogging, social media promotion, and others will help better the site’s visibility.
The above facts and ways will surely help you not worry anymore about the competitors ranking but have your site on top of the SERP to grow organic traffic fast for developing your small business.