You may be new to an ecommerce business or a seasoned professional. However, still, you should know why SEO is an integral part of any ecommerce marketing plan because of a rapid rise in the ecommerce business worldwide to cross five trillion dollars this year 2022. And Nasdaq confirms that by 2040 over 95 % of purchases will be only through ecommerce.
Though there are an estimated 12 to 24 million ecommerce sites globally, only fewer than one million sites sell over 1,000 dollars annually. Hence to be not left out in the crowd, you should have the best SEO practices for outsmarting competitors to sustain and succeed in the ecommerce business.
So, check out why SEO is a crucial part of any ecommerce marketing plan for using it to develop your business exponentially.
Why is SEO important for ecommerce businesses?
SEO is the cost-effective method to put ecommerce sites on the first page of the search engines, which
is their high priority. Though Google and other search engines prefer big companies that built their rapport over time, even small companies can benefit from the best SEO practices. Also, paid searches can help to be on top of the SERP rankings; it is not sustainable for the long-term costs. So, only SEO helps increase organic search traffic by enabling your ecommerce site to rank high on the search engines. Hence SEO is vital for ecommerce businesses to be successful and should be an integral part of any ecommerce marketing plan.
Reasons for SEO to be an essential part of any ecommerce marketing plan
OptinMonster confirms that 93.5% of internet users worldwide purchase products online, and 44% start their buying journey from Google. But 95% of the users never go beyond the first page of Google search, making those not there non-existent. Though paid ads will help you be on the first page, stats confirm that people prefer to search Google more than opt for it. Also, paid search ads are not effective as SEO because they cater to those who want to buy right now. But SEO caters to all the prospective buyers irrespective of their stage in the buying process. Hence there are many reasons why SEO is an essential part of any ecommerce marketing plan that includes others.
- SEO is the most cost-effective way to reach the target market rather than any other type of advertisements like paid ads, traditional advertisements like print and broadcast media
- Researches confirm that 70 to 80% of users go for organic search results or unpaid results than opt for paid search ads.
- Enables the site to be on the first page of the search engines that is the top priority for any ecommerce site to develop the business
- Optimizes the site and content to attract more visitors as search engines can categorize such content easily.
- Not only increases traffic but also lead-quality by providing the visitors the information they need to click the add to cart for increasing sales
The above facts and reasons will surely convince you of why SEO is an integral part of any ecommerce marketing plan to be ready for its boom now and in the future to develop your business to new heights.